Hiring BeerTenders for both locations (Franklin TN, Mufreesboro TN)
JOB TITLE: BeerTender (2 in Franklin TN and 5 in Murfreesboro TN)
LOCATION: Franklin TN/Murfreesboro TN
REPORTS TO: Taproom Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 8-2-18 to 8-16-18
Ready to work for one of the most dynamic companies in the South East? At one of the most advanced breweries?
We are looking for a hyper gregarious beer nerds looking to work at either the Mantra Artisan Ales, Franklin TN location, or the Steel Barrel Brewing Co, Murfreesboro TN location. The perfect candidate will be someone who loves the craft and science of beer. The candidate must be willing to go the extra mile to make our customers have the best experience. Self aware and forward thinking is needed in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet customers cheerfully and encouraging an atmosphere of hospitality in the taproom
• Collect money for drinks served.
• Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
• Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
• Balance cash receipts.
• Stock bar.
• Serve draft beer.
• Up-sell merchandise to patrons in the taproom.
• Pour or serve Life is Brewing beer at beer festivals and tastings when scheduled.
• Bartending or wait staff experience desired but we’d be willing to train the right person.
• Cicerone certified a plus. Will be required to pass level one cicerone within first month of hiring.
• Craft beer knowledge a required.
• Must be able to lift 150 pounds.
• Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-moving environment.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• Must enjoy working with the public in a positively, friendly manner.
• Must be an effective communicator.
• Must be able to serve and support Life is Brewing at special brewery sanctioned events.
• Must be able to serve and support Life is Brewing at beer festivals and tasting events throughout Tennessee.
• Must have a willingness to travel occasionally.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume (bonus for graphically pleasing resume’s), AND personalized cover letter, to email@example.com with the header “Make me the next BeerTender”. If you do not follow those specific instructions, you will not be considered for the position.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, Humulus Project and Hop Springs Farm. We are expanding with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN and a brewpub in Nashville TN. We currently operate an existing location in Franklin TN. Life is brewing has expanded at a 300% clip each year from its inception with continued expected growth for the next 3 years.
Steel Barrel Brewing Co is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery that broke ground in the spring of 2017 with an estimated date of completion in September of this year. The new facility is the largest craft brewery in the state of Tennessee.
Mantra Artisan Ales is a collaboration with COO Derrick Morse and Celebrity Chef Maneet Chauhan. We are focused on flavor and the culinary aspect of brewing. With beers like, Saffron IPA, Japa (a milk chai stout), and Cassis (a whiskey barrel-aged Flanders style red on tart cherries and black currant). Mantra is focused on brewing with unique ingredients to develop full flavored brews. Most of Mantra’s clean beer production will be moved to Steel Barrel’s facility with all the spontaneous and wild beers being produced in Franklin.
Hop Springs is an 84 acre farm that will have an 8 acre hop field, 18 hole disc golf course, amphitheater, taproom, orchard, mountain bike trail, wedding venue, cabins, and of course a brewery.